Approaching the treatment of a hamstring injury starts with the severity of the injury. The injury itself is a strain or a tear to the muscles or the tendons at the back of the thigh. But there are some very simple things you can do to treat your hamstring injury.
Check out the list below of ways to treat an injured hamstring.
- Avoid weight that is putting the leg
- Elevate your injured leg on a pillow if you are lying or sitting down
- Apply Ice your leg to reduce pain and swelling
- Take painkillers that are anti-inflammatory if you feel pain
- Use a Compressive Bandage
If the pain is severe and unbearable, you may want to consider seeing a doctor. You may have a muscle tear and that will require surgery and will need to be treated with the proper care by medical officials.